Wednesday, April 11, 2012

transitions, transitions

I hope you had a great Easter. Ours was nice. We had a picnic at the park and enjoyed an incredible view of San Diego.

Easter weekend brunch was pretty fantastic too. We went to this place called the Tractor Room in Hillcrest (if you've seen any of my Instagram or Facebook posts you've notice that I butchered the name several times - just couldn't get it right).

I had the lamb scramble with goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and basil. It came with potatoes and fruit. Chris had the ginormous peach
and brown sugar flap jacks with a side of eggs and sausages. Talk about a breakfast of champions. We could barely put a dent in it. There was just way too much food, even for Chris to finish and that's saying a lot.

Nonetheless, it was quite enjoyable and I highly recommend it if you're ever in the area. We sat outside on the patio and did some people watching. Hillcrest has some interesting residents to say the least. It's a cool spot and high on our list of places to live in the Diego.

Speaking of places to live ...

Who moves across the country just to move again to another city? Me. It hasn't even been a month yet and I'm already preparing for another move. This one, not so huge and pretty mandatory.

I recently accepted a job offer but their corporate office is located in Pasadena. I start
at the end of the month (woo hoo) so we're on a hunt for an amazing apartment (just not in Pasadena).

My main focus this week was to get a California driver's license and register my tags. What a long (and expensive) process that was. Let's just say I'm glad it's over and done with. Now the wait begins.

After my trip to the DMV I decided to search for the nearest nail salon. My shellac nails after 3 weeks looked a hot mess and was in dire need of a fresh coat.

It's unlikely not to find a nail place, no matter where you are in the states, there's always one close by and of course I found one that suited my needs.

I recently started using Shellac and now I can't stop. For one, it lasts forever (forever being 2 to 3 weeks - that's an eternity for polish) and two, it's not something I can just remove on my own. It requires at least 10 to 15 minutes of soaking in acetone. Nail tech disclaimer: Do not peel the gel off! I repeat, do not peel. You may end up removing a layer off your nail bed causing it to thin out. Good to know since I did that with my very first shellac purchase. Some people chew their nails during stressful situations, I happen to peel off my nail polish - all due to the move. There's nothing worse than chipped polish.

Color choice: White.
Since I'm committed to keeping this color for 3 weeks, it had to be something I could live with for awhile. Plus white goes with everything.

Sometimes I wake up and can't believe I'm no longer in North Carolina. It's a surreal feeling. I have to get used to saying that I live here now ... here in California. It's kind of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment