Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Groggy day in CA

First day in San Diego and I was greeted with the quintessential CA welcome. Tupac's "Picture me rolling". Compliments of the "Hook" - my welcome wagon.

I got off the plane after what felt like an eternity in the air with a squealing purse dog and had to be ready for another phone interview within 30 minutes of landing. I prepared myself to have the interview at the airport but luckily we arrived sooner than expected which gave me just enough time to grab my bag and head out to Chris'. My life here lately has been like this - grab and go.

I'm happy to report that the
interview went well and I've got 2 more on Monday (face-to-face). Fingers crossed.

So after a long day of flying and only having pistachios for lunch - I was starving. We both were, so we decided to go check out our friend's food truck near Balboa Park.

O'Neil and Leslie just started their food truck business (follow them @followgroggys) and I have to say it's pretty awesome.

Groggy's has a great menu full of "Fat" sandwiches which originated in Jersey and trust me it's not your average sandwich. Chris ordered his usual Bacon Blue Philly Cheese Steak while I tried the Fat Ron Burgandy.

It was a foot long with fries, their special mayo, lettuce, tomato, steak and dead in the center of this heavenly ensemble was a mozzarella stick. YUM.

So anyone that knows me know that I LOVE to eat. I would almost say that I live to eat. No joke. Can I just tell you that my first official day of living in SoCal was definitely not too shabby. Why you ask? Because folks, I was formally introduced to fried oreos! I know what you're thinking because I thought the same thing. I wasn't sure exactly what a fried oreo would taste like or how you would even fry one.

So I gave it shot and I certainly was NOT disappointed. OH EM GEE!
It tasted like a chocolate beignet (those of you who have been to New Orleans know what I'm talking about). UH-MAZING.

Not to mention I had a choice of dipping the oreos in either a caramel or white chocolate sauce. DELISH.

My belly was extremely happy and so was my heart.

I'm finally in Cali ... finally with my love :)

Happy is an under statement.

2 comments:

  1. holy crap. why didn't we have these when I was there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another place we'll have to take you ... except we'll have to find them ;)

    ReplyDelete